What to Expect
Our goal at Art of Dentristy is to prevent or minimize dental disease. To do this, we must start with a thorough exam.
Your first visit involves a few simple steps so we can get to know you and your teeth.
- First, fill out a "Health History" form; make sure you know what medications you are currently using.
- If you have dental insurance, please bring your card. For surgical or implant procedures, please bring your medical insurance card.
- A panoramic image will be taken to check for periodontal (gum) disease and other pathology of the jaw bones. Bite-wing images will also be taken. These images are much more detailed than the panoramic. They expose hidden caries (decay) in teeth.
- We will take photographs to record your initial visit smile, teeth and portrait.
- Dr. Pulapaka will review your images with you and inspect your jaw, gums and teeth. He'll teach you about oral health, inform you of your currant status and develop a long term treatment strategy.
We encourage you to be informed and involved in your dental health... ask questions...share your concerns. Our team will continually teach you healthy habits to avoid gum disease and tooth decay.
Besides our topics on the right, the American Dental Association has a new website, MouthHealthy.org . It provides oral health information on prevention, care and treatment. You will find:
- Oral health information by life stages from pregnancy through seniors
- A—Z topics with videos
- ADA Seal of Acceptance products
- Tips and activities to make oral health care fun for kids
Although we do offer same-day appointments when available, we encourage making appointments as far in advance as possible. Julie or Ben will be happy to answer any questions you have regarding scheduling. On our web site, you can request an appointment . If for any reason you cannot keep a scheduled appointment or will be delayed, please call us as soon as possible.
Insurance and Billing
We accept most traditional insurance plans, contact our office to verify acceptance of your plan. We accept Delta Dental, United Health Care, Humana, Cigna, Blue Cross Blue Shield- Anthem, Atena insurance plans. We are happy to file your insurance for reimbursement.
Payments can be made with checks, cash or credit cards. We accept Visa, Mastercard, or Discover Cards. We also offer dental financing programs through CareCredit and Lending Club which provide flexible payment options to fit your needs. See below for details.
CareCredit helps you pay for treatments and procedures. They offer No Interest* financing for one year. With three simple steps, it’s easy to apply for CareCredit. After you’re approved, you’re free to use CareCredit for your dental services. CareCredit can also be used to pay for LASIK, veterinary, cosmetic, or hearing aids. CareCredit is endorsed by numerous health organizations.
CareCredit is a GE Money Company, so you can count on them. For more than 20 years, they’ve helped over five million cardholders.
For more information or to apply online, visit carecredit.com .
Patient Forms, Map and Directions to Milwaukee Office
Please print and fill out these forms so we can expedite your first visit:
- Coming Soon
In order to view or print these forms you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader installed. Click here to download it.